Thursday, August 25, 2011

Time Out! Xanga?

Does anyone actually use Xanga anymore? What happened to them. Anyway, this is a post I had from back when I had one. I read it and smiled. I hope it makes you smile, too.

Time is a funny thing
Breakfast time... what is that for real? Is it the first few hours than any one person is awake? Is it a set number of hours in the a.m.? I can wake up late because of my job and nothing is the worse for wear my first of three meals occurs at about noon. Many people would insist that makes what I'm eating "lunch" but why? As I stagger bleary-eyed across the carpet toward my kitchen to align reality with the will of my stomach, all I can think is, "breakfast."

Speaking of breakfast; people have these strange adherence patterns to the strangest rules.

"Hey Bill, Jim brought in burritos. They're sittin' on the table if you want some."
"It's like 8:30 in the morning man."
"Oh don't worry, they're breakfast burritos."
"Well, in that case..."
(Why does this make sense?)

"Oh and Sue brought in some breakfast meatballs. And I think Jeff brought in some breakfast wine."
The beauty of nomenclature.

1 comment:

  1. I've had a breakfast taco with a breakfast Corona before. Man, that was a good breakfast.

    ReplyDelete

I know you're thinking something. Share with the rest of the class.