Saturday, October 19, 2013

In The Beginning

In the beginning God created the heavens and the Earth.
He looked on, and saw it was good. Good; a thing of beauty
Lovely and loved.
In the beginning was the Word.
The word was with, and in very nature God.
As the Father has loved...
God demonstrates His own love…
For God so loved…
In the beginning.

Then the Church filled with the Holy Ghost and power;
The Lord added to their number daily.
And all that believed were together, and had all things common.
Beloved, let us love one another.
And the second is like it; love your neighbor as yourself.
And continuing daily in one accord in the temple-
And breaking bread from house to house,
Did eat their meat with gladness and singleness of heart.
Do justly, love mercy, walk humbly with God,
Love your enemy.
A new command to the Church,
Love.
That was then.

Afterward…
Megachurches and mission statements crush my spirit and dull my mind.
The Christian Island:
My Conversion
            I walked the Romans Road and I prayed the prayer
My Testimony
            I was in darkness
My Walk
            My devotions and my quiet time
My Church
            Why leave? Because I didn’t agree with something pastor said
My God
            Deity that fits my box

Now…
The church is on the move with or without God’s help;
Bigger buildings, better facilities. Holy Spirit, who?
Brand new project integration, Sunday service segregation,
Religious Right retaliation, tithing out of obligation,
Desperate for a new sensation, all-day Christian TV station,
Doctrinal internalization drives a spike into this nation.

If this is all there is, what do I do with tomorrow?
If today holds this shape, can we remold it after the sun sets?
If this is now… Then what?

For God so loved
The Word became flesh

In the beginning.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I know you're thinking something. Share with the rest of the class.