Friday, December 16, 2011

In the Pursuit of Love


So, the single romantic twenty-somethings have one question swimming around their heads. "Will I know the one?" It’s a constant refrain.  There are people who pray for their future partners. Others who are on the lookout for their soul mates. A guy I know professes that marriage is a business arrangement yet every time he meets a girl, he’s sure that she’s the next Mrs. G.

I wish this post was on how to know “the one.” That would be a handy piece of advice to offer. But even more than great advice, I love a good story. So when I heard the story of love across state lines, I figured it’d be a nice one to share. Happy Anniversary Mel.

My husband and I were high school sweethearts. And during that time my mom was battling stage four cancer. And so we ended up being split apart before we could even break up with each other. And we moved away, my family and I. And my mom ended up passing away, when I was sixteen (from cancer). And I, kinda just went on a drifting adventure of life. And in the meantime, during that adventure, my husband now, was looking everywhere for me. He had flown to different colleges that I was going to. And he just kept barely missing me. And so, it had been about ten years since we had last seen one another and he found me on myspace. And after that, it only took two weeks and I knew it was the right thing and we were married and we’ll be married four years on December 16th.  Here in a couple weeks.  And we have two beautiful little boys, who are two and one. We’re really happy.  We’re not the most romantic couple…we like fishing, and camping. And that’s our great love story.

1 comment:

I know you're thinking something. Share with the rest of the class.